When it comes to our diet, smoothies aren’t exactly the first thing that comes to mind when we think about eating healthy. But I’m not talking about chocolate or vanilla smoothies… I’m talking about an all natural, extremely healthy smoothie that’s made from greens and other organic products.
Green Smoothies are great, and they’re a great deal easier than juicing. Lots of people that begin the vegan diet use smoothies as an introduction to the diet. However, green smoothies are great to add to any diet, and so long as you avoid using processed foods, they will provide your body with plenty of minerals and vitamins that your body needs to function at its best ability.
If you would like to add smoothies into your diet purely for health reasons, it is strongly recommended that you make yourself, rather than buy smoothies at restaurants or coffee shops. Generally when these types of businesses make smoothies, they make them for the sole purpose of taste. There are loads of different ingredients in these smoothies that aren’t healthy for your body, and in some cases can become detrimental to your health.
Green Smoothies can taste great and you don’t need to include any artificial sweeteners. Simply by adding any fruit of your choice, you can make it taste sweet. Adding fruit will give it the creamy feeling that you get when you add milk, without the milk! Fruits contain soluble fibers, and the best fruits to add to your smoothies are:
3. All Berries
Apples don’t actually contain soluble fibers, but don’t let that prevent you from putting it in your smoothie! Adding more fruits only makes it more nutritional, so have a blast and get creative with your smoothies.
1. Increase Your Consumption of Greens and Fruits – Did you know it is advised to eat between 4-9 servings of fruit daily? Eating fruits and vegetables can prevent diseases and has been demonstrated to aid in the prevention of cancer.
2. Great for Weight loss – Smoothies are an amazing way to shed weight naturally and healthily.
3. More Energy – it’s been proven that people who consume all natural smoothies have more energy than those that do not. This is obviously clear, because a smoothie will deliver large amounts of vitamins, minerals and natural sweeteners which will give you that energy boost that you need… without the crash!
4. Increased Fibre Absorption – Green Smoothies are naturally high in fiber as you are using the entire green product and it’s not just”juicing” the water out.
5. Chlorophyll – Chlorophyll does everything from improving your immune system to helping with the rejuvenation of your body. Chlorophyll has also been called a”purifier” of the blood.
6. Stops Cravings – Smoothies will stop that craving which you have for junk food. Because smoothies are full of vitamins, minerals and natural sweeteners, your body will feel quite satisfied after consuming a smoothie!
Smoothies are a terrific addition to any diet, and may be used for more than just healthy living. Smoothies can be used to target specific health goals by combining certain fruits together. It is always recommended to fully educate yourself on the subject before you begin consuming smoothies.
We believe in education over drugs, and all natural smoothies definitely align with that belief. However, it’s important to understand how each fruit will interact with one another and how much protein/fibre/etc. Is in each fruit. I’m not saying to keep a chart of stats, but it is good to generally know how much fiber is in every fruit. The worst case scenario is probably a light case of diarrhea, which would usually be from mixing the incorrect fruits together.
If you are considering adding smoothies into your diet then you’re on the right path! Don’t let any”nay-sayers”, or negative people hold you back from achieving your health goals and start enjoying the health benefits of smoothies now.